Pilates Coach Mat 1
Coaches Transform Lives – We Transform Coaches
Why Our Program
Pilates Coach Mat 1 Certification prepares students to develop, execute and teach the historic exercises of Pilates Mat work training. Learn to instruct as a critical-thinking trainer capable of understanding the anatomy of a particular exercise and purpose of each movement. This certification includes several instructional videos and video master classes for visual learners.
We are dedicated to your development of practical application skills and critical thinking in your professional coaching practice.
Guidance and Support
You will appreciate the guidance and support you’ll receive both during and after the certification program. NAFC is with you every step of the way! Once you enroll in your chosen program we’ve got your back…
- Use our Contact Page or call us at 800.324.8315 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm PST) for educational support or with your questions.
- NAFC provides a clear path from the beginning for you to successfully negotiate and complete your program.
- NAFC’s Interactive Courses are designed for a better learning experience, including interactive content to help you learn and retain the information.
- Attend NAFC live workshops or opt into the virtual workshop to gain knowledge and experience.
- Use tools provided to help you through the program including virtual flash cards, video instruction, and online practice exams.
- Tap into our Career Counseling and the NAFC Affiliate Program for career assistance to help you land the perfect job.
NAFC Coaches Transform Lives
NAFC coaches are part of a dynamic, new wave in fitness training for success, discipline, and innovation. Master the basic disciplines of Pilates Mat and learn the skills to train and coach effective, stimulating classes in response to a diverse range of needs.
Fully Accredited and Recognized
NAFC is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). NAFC complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, NAFC is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. For more details, visit the IACET website. www.iacet.org
NAFC chose IACET Accreditation for its emphasis on quality for course content development as well as for the exam process.
The National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC) has been recognized and approved as a full affiliate of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. NBFE ensures credibility for the fitness industry by setting and maintaining the national standard of practice in our field. For more details, visit the NBFE website.
Career School and Post Graduate Program
NAFC is one of the only certifying organizations that is also a post-secondary licensed career school. We are a private post-secondary career school licensed by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission through the state of Oregon (OHECC). This allows us to issue college credits through our career school for several NAFC Certification courses and a Medical Fitness Post Graduate Diploma Program. This addresses the eventuality of states requiring licensure in the Medical Fitness space as well as possibly the fitness space as certification alone may, in the future, not be enough to satisfy requirements.
Pilates Coach Mat 1 Certification Information
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have and maintain a CPR/AED certification.
- You must have completed Foundations of Movement or approved equivalents. (*see purchasing options below)
Course Education Level: Intermediate
Continuing Education Credits: 2.6 NAFC, 2.6 NESTA
How it Works:
When you sign up for your Pilates Coach Mat 1 Certification…
- You must complete all course modules.
- You must take a written examination with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Time to Complete: You have up to 18 Months to complete the Examination Process.
- Course Access: Continued access with updates available.
- Your NAFC Pilates Coach Mat 1 Certification is valid for 24 months. During that 24 months you must complete continuing education prior to your renewal date to qualify for re-certification.
- Recertification is required to keep you up to date with industry standards and practice. You must complete and submit 15 hours (1.5 NAFC credits) of continuing education in a 24 month period of time prior to your renewal date and complete a re-certification application to be recertified.
In Pilates Coach Mat 1 students develop, execute, and teach the historic exercises of Pilates’ Mat work training. Specific instruction on modifications and adjustments, as well as safety and teaching strategies are detailed. Through the education gained in this course, you can teach a variety of exercises that can be adapted for practically any level client.
Pilates Mat 1 Required Course Material:
- NAFC Anatomy and Physiology Course (Click here to see course objectives)
- Anatomy and Physiology Theory Exam
- Pilates Coach Mat 1 Interactive Study (Click here to see course objectives)
- Pilates Coach Mat 1 Workshop Videos
- Pilates Coach Mat 1 Master Class Videos
- Pilates Coach Mat 1 Theory Exam
- You are required to log and complete 20 hours of practical experience. A Pilates Coach Mat 1 Practical Hour Log Sheet is provided.
- Workshop Assessment
- Pilates Coach: Foundations of Movement (Click here to see course objectives)
- Pilates Coach: Foundations of Movement Theory Exam