Nutrition Coach Foundations
Master proven nutrition coaching skills to take your training practice to the next level.
Why Our Program
Our Nutrition Coach Foundations course blends strategic disciplines with the latest in results-proven nutritional science. Master proven coaching skills through training modules structured to help you successfully guide your clients toward better health, better performance, and a better body!
Our certification program is the only one in this industry that pulls all of these important components together. When NAFC certifies coaches, we teach you how to coach. We train you for success!
Guidance and Support
You will appreciate the guidance and support you’ll receive both during and after the certification program. NAFC is with you every step of the way! Once you enroll in your chosen program we’ve got your back…
- Use our Contact Page or call us at 800.324.8315 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm PST) for educational support or with your questions.
- NAFC provides a clear path from the beginning for you to successfully negotiate and complete your program.
- NAFC’s Interactive Courses are designed for a better learning experience, including interactive content to help you learn and retain the information.
- Attend NAFC live workshops or opt into the virtual workshop to gain knowledge and experience.
- Use tools provided to help you through the program including virtual flash cards, video instruction, and online practice exams.
- Tap into our Career Counseling and the NAFC Affiliate Program for career assistance to help you land the perfect job.
NAFC Coaches Transform Lives
Our certified coaches are part of a dynamic, new wave in wellness training for success, discipline, and innovation. Our program educates you to coach your clients to better health and quality of life through sound nutrition.
Fully Accredited and Recognized
NAFC is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). NAFC complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, NAFC is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. For more details, visit the IACET website. www.iacet.org NAFC chose IACET Accreditation for its emphasis on quality for course content development as well as for the exam process.
The National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC) has been recognized and approved as a full affiliate of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. NBFE ensures credibility for the fitness industry by setting and maintaining the national standard of practice in our field. For more details, visit the NBFE website.
Career School and Post Graduate Program
NAFC is one of the only certifying organizations that is also a post-secondary licensed career school. We are a private post-secondary career school licensed by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission through the state of Oregon (OHECC). This allows us to issue college credits through our career school for several NAFC Certification courses and a Medical Fitness Post Graduate Diploma Program. This addresses the eventuality of states requiring licensure in the Medical Fitness space as well as possibly the fitness space as certification alone may, in the future, not be enough to satisfy requirements.
Nutrition Coach Foundations Information
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have and maintain a CPR/AED certification.
Course Education Level: Intermediate
Continuing Education Credits: 2.0 NAFC, 2.0 NESTA
How it Works:
When you sign up for your Nutrition Coach Foundations Certification…
- You must complete all course modules.
- You must take and pass all required examinations with a score of 80% or higher.
- Time to Complete: You have up to 18 Months to complete Examination Process
- Course Access: Continued access with updates available
- Your NAFC Nutrition Foundations Certification is valid for 24 months. During that 24 months you must complete continuing education prior to your renewal date to qualify for re-certification.
- Recertification is required to keep you up to date with industry standards and practice. You must complete and submit 15 hours (1.5 NAFC credits) of continuing education in a 24 month period of time prior to your renewal date and complete a re-certification application to be recertified.
- In Section I of this course, you will be introduced to the basic sciences that underly and support nutrition.
- In Section II you’ll become immersed in the field of nutritional science, the 5 components of nutrition, and nutritional intake guidelines.
- In Section III you’ll learn about the art and science of being an effective coach.
- In Section IV you’ll go through a step-by-step set of instructions on how to implement nutritional coaching competently and profitably (including over 30 pages of questionnaires and assessment tools to use with your clients).
Nutrition Coach Foundations Required Course Material:
- Nutrition Coach Certification Introduction Document
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Instructor Interactive Study and/or Downloadable Nutrition Coach Foundations Manual (Click here to see course objectives)
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Theory Exam
Additional Certification Options
If you are confident in your understanding of the essentials of Nutrition Coach Foundations without first studying the NAFC study course material, this option would be for you.
To become certified with the National Association for Fitness Certification, you must pass a theory exam with a minimum score of 80%. If you receive a no pass on the theory exam, a retake will be necessary. The retake cost is $25.00. When you have completed and passed the theory exam, you may submit a current CPR card and a government issued photo ID to receive your Nutrition Coach certification.
If you are unsure, then you would benefit from our complete online course or virtual workshop options.
*You will not receive any study materials with this option, so ensure that you have a complete understanding of the education required to pass the exam prior to purchasing.
Feel free to contact a NAFC Career Consultant for help in selecting the best option for you.
The NAFC Job Placement Money Back Guarantee assures that you will secure a job in the health and fitness industry within 90 days of completing all certification and career management requirements.
Included at a discount with NAFC Certifications “All-Access” Option
NAFC is committed to providing you with all the tools you need to build a successful and rewarding career.
Not only do we offer a money-back guarantee opportunity, but we also connect you with a Career Management Specialist who will work hand-in-hand with you as your personal career advocate and help place you in the best possible job to match your skill-set.
Your Career Management Specialist will provide you with all of the following services:
- Qualify you for jobs in the health and fitness industry
- Gain an understanding of the type of job/career you want
- Inquire about any special skills you may possess and/or CECs received
- Direct you toward available positions in your area
- Advice on ‘Career Tools’ that will help improve your expertise
- Work to place you with fitness and health companies
- Help you improve your visibility to companies
- Assist in creating resumes and cover letters
- Assist in preparing you for the interviewing process
- Post a video which serves as an introduction to possible employers and provides evidence of your skills as a trainer.
These services are included with your purchase of the NAFC Job Placement Guarantee at no additional charge.
Job Placement Guarantee Guidelines
If you have met all the required criteria but still have not secured a job within 90 days of completion, NAFC will refund all amounts paid to NAFC for the course package. This money back guarantee applies to the NAFC Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, and Nutrition Coach course packages only.
To receive this refund, you must have applied for at least 5 positions related to the purchased NAFC certification within the 90-day period and have met the criteria for each position (including passing any required background checks). Failure to appear for a scheduled interview will disqualify you from this money back guarantee.
You must also have met with an NAFC Career Management Specialist and satisfied any additional requirements that they assign.
Any refund must be requested from NAFC’s Member Services Department within 12 months of purchasing the NAFC course (with Job Placement Guarantee). NAFC reserves the right to request evidence of purchase and/or of job applications and rejections. NAFC may, at any time and without prior notice, change the terms of, or discontinue, this Job Placement Money Back Guarantee.