Pilates Coach Reformer 1
Coaches Transform Lives
We Transform Coaches
Why Our Program
Become a seasoned functional movement specialist using Pilates Coach methodology! When you become a Pilates Coach utilizing NAFC’s proven methods, you will be a certified Pilates Reformer instructor as well as a functional movement specialist. This combination prepares you to bring the power of knowledge as well as the confidence of a science-backed education platform from which to spring your practice.
As a Pilates Coach and Pilates Reformer Instructor, you learn to utilize all 3 planes of human movement. Not only do you become a skilled Reformer Instructor, you also learn to translate Pilates movement to human movement and daily activities.
When the NAFC certifies coaches, we teach you how to instruct and enable. We train you for success!
Guidance and Support
You will appreciate the guidance and support you’ll receive both during and after the certification program. NAFC will be with you every step of the way! Once you enroll in your chosen program we’ve got your back…
- Use our Contact Page or call us at 800.324.8315 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm PST) for educational support or with your questions.
- NAFC provides a clear path from the beginning for you to successfully negotiate and complete your program.
- NAFC’s Interactive Courses are designed for a better learning experience, including interactive content to help you learn and retain the information.
- Attend NAFC live workshops or opt into the virtual workshop to gain knowledge and experience.
- Use tools provided to help you through the program including virtual flash cards, video instruction, and online practice exams.
- Tap into our Career Counseling and the NAFC Affiliate Program for career assistance to help you land the perfect job.
NAFC Coaches Transform Lives
NAFC coaches are part of a dynamic, new wave in fitness training for success, discipline, and innovation. Master the basic disciplines of Pilates Reformer and tri-plane functional movement to use in most fitness formats. NAFC certified Pilates Coaches learn the skills to train and coach effective and stimulating classes in response to a diverse range of needs. Be a Life Transformer!
Fully Accredited and Recognized
Career School and Post Graduate Program
NAFC is one of the only certifying organizations that is also a post-secondary licensed career school. We are a private post-secondary career school licensed by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission through the state of Oregon (OHECC). This allows us to issue college credits through our career school for several NAFC Certification courses and a Medical Fitness Post Graduate Diploma Program. This addresses the eventuality of states requiring licensure in the Medical Fitness space as well as possibly the fitness space as certification alone may, in the future, not be enough to satisfy requirements.
Pilates Coach Reformer 1 Certification Information
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma required.
- You must be18 years of age or older.
- You must have and maintain a CPR/AED certification.
- You must have completed Foundations of Movement or approved equivalents. (*see purchasing options below)
Course Education Level: Intermediate
Continuing Education Credits: 4.0 NAFC, 4.0 NESTA
How it Works:
Pilates Coach Reformer Certification…
- You must complete all course modules.
- You must take and pass all required examinations with a score of 80% or higher.
- You must complete a Reformer 1 Workshop (included in price of certification)
- Time to Complete: You have up to 18 Months to complete Examination Process
- Course Access: Continued access with updates available
- Your NAFC Pilates Coach Reformer Certification is valid for 24 months. During that 24 months you must complete continuing education prior to your renewal date to qualify for re-certification.
- Recertification is required to keep you up to date with industry standards and practice. You must complete and submit 15 hours (1.5 NAFC credits) of continuing education in a 24 month period of time prior to your renewal date and complete a re-certification application to be recertified.
Pilates Reformer 1 Required Course Material:
- NAFC Anatomy and Physiology Course(Click here to see course objectives)
- Anatomy and Physiology Theory Exam
- Pilates Coach Reformer 1 Manual (Click here to see course objectives)
- Pilates Coach Reformer 1 Videos
- Pilates Coach Reformer 1 Workbook
- Pilates Coach Reformer 1 Theory Exam
- Document and submit a client’s postural analysis and specific exercises from this course to use with the client based on the postural analysis.
- You are required to log and complete 30 hours of practical experience.
- Pilates Coach: Foundations of Movement(Click here to see course objectives)
- Pilates Coach: Foundations of Movement Theory Exam