Develop the mastery to confidently coach and support your clients to achieve their healthy lifestyle goals.
Why Our Program
Wellness consultants help their clients with lifestyle education and coaching. Certified wellness consultants are prepared to help their clients meet goals through their education in lifestyle and overall health. Extensive information about nutrition and weight management is shared through the program, as well as other health-related topics.
When NAFC certifies consultants, we teach you how to be a life changer. We train you for success!
Guidance and Support
You will appreciate the guidance and support you’ll receive both during and after the certification program. NAFC is with you every step of the way! Once you enroll in your chosen program we’ve got your back…
- Use our Contact Page or call us at 800.324.8315 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm PST) for educational support or with your questions.
- NAFC provides a clear path from the beginning for you to successfully negotiate and complete your program.
- NAFC’s Interactive Courses are designed for a better learning experience, including interactive content to help you learn and retain the information.
- Attend NAFC live workshops or opt into the virtual workshop to gain knowledge and experience.
- Use tools provided to help you through the program including virtual flash cards, video instruction, and online practice exams.
- Tap into our Career Counseling and the NAFC Affiliate Program for career assistance to help you land the perfect job.
NAFC Coaches Transform Lives
NAFC coaches are part of a dynamic, new wave in wellness training for success, discipline, and innovation. Our program educates our wellness consultants to coach their clients on overall health and lifestyle habits, and provides a science-based, professional foundation on which to build a fulfilling career.
Fully Accredited and Recognized
NAFC is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). NAFC complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, NAFC is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. For more details, visit the IACET website. www.iacet.org
NAFC chose IACET Accreditation for its emphasis on quality for course content development as well as for the exam process.
The National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC) has been recognized and approved as a full affiliate of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. NBFE ensures credibility for the fitness industry by setting and maintaining the national standard of practice in our field. For more details, visit the NBFE website.
Career School and Post Graduate Program
NAFC is one of the only certifying organizations that is also a post-secondary licensed career school. We are a private post-secondary career school licensed by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission through the state of Oregon (OHECC). This allows us to issue college credits through our career school for several NAFC Certification courses and a Medical Fitness Post Graduate Diploma Program. This addresses the eventuality of states requiring licensure in the Medical Fitness space as well as possibly the fitness space as certification alone may, in the future, not be enough to satisfy requirements.
Wellness Consultant Course Information
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have and maintain a CPR/AED certification.
Course Education Level: Intermediate
Continuing Education Credits: 3.0 NAFC, 3.0 NESTA
How it Works:
When you sign up for your Wellness Consultant Certification…
- You must complete all course modules.
- You must take and pass all required examinations with a score of 80% or higher.
- Time to Complete: You have up to 18 Months to complete Examination Process
- Course Access: Continued access with updates available
- Your NAFC Wellness Consultant Certification is valid for 24 months. During that 24 months you must complete continuing education prior to your renewal date to qualify for re-certification.
- Recertification is required to keep you up to date with industry standards and practice. You must complete and submit 15 hours (1.5 NAFC credits) of continuing education in a 24 month period of time prior to your renewal date and complete a re-certification application to be recertified.
- Learn how to build a foundation of nutritional knowledge to help guide your clients in developing their food plans. This certification is based on college-level nutrition courses.
- Learn assessment techniques for measuring cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, endurance, flexibility and body composition. Practice applying these test results for individual program development and goal setting.
- Learn to effectively communicate the health benefits of fitness, disease prevention, diet and nutrition, behavior modification, stress management, and total wellness. Develop motivation and behavior modification strategies to enhance compliance with a fitness and wellness program.
Wellness Coach Required Course Material:
- Wellness Coach Certification Introduction Document
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Instructor Interactive Study and/or Downloadable Nutrition Coach Foundations Manual (Click here to see course objectives)
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Theory Exam
- Fitness Assessment Interactive Study and/or Downloadable Fitness Assessment Manual (Click here to see course objectives)
- Fitness Assessment Theory Exam
- Lifestyle Consultant Interactive Study and/or Downloadable Lifestyle Consultant Manual (Click here to see course objectives)
- Lifestyle Consultant Theory Exam